Chhattisgarh Akaltara Train Accident: Goods Train Derailment at Akaltara Railway Station; No Injuries Reported. In Chhattisgarh’s Janjgir-Champa district, a goods train experienced a derailment incident at Akaltara railway station on Thursday. According to railway officials, the incident occurred around 3 pm on the Mumbai-Howrah route when the empty freight train was en route to Korba from Bilaspur. Fortunately, there were no injuries reported as a result of the derailment. As a consequence of the incident, train operations in the area were disrupted, and efforts are underway to restore normal rail traffic. Further details about the cause of the derailment and the extent of damage to the train and tracks are to be disclosed in Source: loptiengtrungtaivinh.edu.vn.
I. Introduction Akaltara Train Accident
Chhattisgarh: 8 wagons, brake van of goods train derailed; no injuries
The incident took place around 3 pm at Akaltara railway station yard on the Mumbai-Howrah route when the empty freight train was heading to Korba from Bilaspur, they said
Eight wagons and the brake van of a goods train were derailed at Akaltara railway station of Chhattisgarh’s Janjgir-Champa district on Thursday, railway officials said.
No injuries were reported in the incident but the movement of trains on the Howrah-Mumbai up and down line was disrupted, they said.
A brake van is a coach from which the guard can apply the brakes.
The incident took place around 3 pm at Akaltara railway station yard on the Mumbai-Howrah route when the empty freight train was heading to Korba from Bilaspur, they said.
Eight rear wagons and the brake van got decoupled from the train and derailed causing damage to tracks and OHE (overhead equipment) line poles, officials said.
A team of railway officials from Bilaspur and Korba were sent to the spot and efforts are on to restore the movement of trains, a railway official said.
II. “The exact reason behind the Goods Train Derails in Chhattisgarh is not clear, and restoration work is underway,” added officials
1. Cause and Impact of Goods Train Derailment at Akaltara Railway Station, Bilaspur, Champa
- The exact cause of the goods train derailment at Akaltara Railway Station, Bilaspur, Champa, as mentioned in the previous news, has not been specified. However, such incidents can result from various factors, including:
- Track Safety Issues: The derailment may occur due to track defects, heavy rainfall, electrical malfunctions, or obstacles on the tracks.
- Technical Malfunctions: Technical failures within the train system, such as brake failure, control system malfunctions, or equipment faults, can lead to derailment.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions like storms, tornadoes, or floods can make the tracks slippery and cause accidents.
- Incorrect Information: Inaccurate or misleading information regarding train routing and control can also contribute to derailments.
2. The impact of the goods train derailment
- Disruption of Railway Traffic: The incident disrupts railway traffic, causing delays and cancellations of train services.
- Potential Casualties: There may be injuries or casualties to passengers and railway staff onboard.
- Physical Damage: The derailment can damage tracks, rail beds, and related infrastructure.
- Economic Consequences: Delays and cancellations result in time and financial losses for businesses and passengers.
- Emergency Response Efforts: The situation requires urgent and challenging efforts to restore the tracks and clear the area, which may face difficulties due to terrain, weather, or technical issues.
- While specific details about the Akaltara Railway Station incident have not been provided, the above points loptiengtrungtaivinh.edu.vn give a general overview of the common causes and impacts associated with goods train derailments.
III. Jabalpur News: Cargo train derails in Madhya Pradesh, line on Jabalpur-Itarsi stops for 10 hours. Janjgir Champa
Jabalpur News: Jabalpur-Itarsi railway line was disrupted for 10 hours due to a freight train derailed. There were no casualties in the incident, which occurred around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Later, the railway line was restored.
Jabalpur: A freight train derailed between Narsinghpur and Kareli train stations in Madhya Pradesh, disrupting rail traffic on the route. West-Central Railway’s public relations director Rahul Srivastava said by phone that there were no casualties in the incident which occurred around 11:30 p.m. on Saturday in Narsinghpur district.
He said the brake carriage (last car) of the freight train derailed between Narsinghpur and Kareli railway stations. Rail service on the Jabalpur-Itarsi line was affected by the accident. Srivastava said that as of 9:30 a.m. Sunday, rail operations on the line had been fully restored. Explain that Itarsi is one of the busiest rail junctions in the country.
Railway traffic on this section was affected due to the derailment of the guard carriage of the freight train on the Narsinghpur-Kareli line on the Jabalpur-Itarsi section of the Central West Railway, Jabalpur Division. Some trains are being diverted and some are being rescheduled. Rail traffic is operating from the downline.
IV. Railway accident: Major railway accident in Akaltara… 12 freight cars derailed.. Wagons of Goods Train Derail Video
V. Related news: 24 empty wagons of goods train derail in UP, no casualty reported
Twenty-four empty wagons of a goods train derailed on the busy Delhi-Howrah rail route in Uttar Pradesh, near Ambiapur, which is approximately 50 km from Kanpur railway station. The incident occurred on Friday around 4.15 am. Fortunately, there have been no reported casualties.
However, the derailment has affected the operation of trains on the route, and efforts are underway to restore rail traffic. The Chief PRO of North Central Railway (NCR), Shivam Sharma, stated that the goods train was en route to Mughalsarai when the incident happened.
The derailment has caused significant damage to the wagons, and the rail tracks have been uprooted due to the accident. Railway officials are working diligently to address the situation and restore normal train services in the affected area.